Students talking together

Transient Students

Normally, UF students are not permitted to register at another institution for a course or its equivalent that is offered at UF.

UF Students Attending Other Schools

A transient student (PDF) form is used when you wish to attend another institution for a semester. It lets the other college or university know that you are a degree-seeking student at UF. It also helps you determine, with an adviser, what courses can be taken that will work with your current degree track.

The form can also be completed online at Transient student forms completed on the Fla Virtual Campus site are automatically referred to your adviser and to the Office of the University Registrar within three to five business days.

  1. If you need assistance, please come by 222 Criser Hall or call 352-392-1374.
  2. Complete the demographic information in section A.
  3. Have your academic dean or adviser complete section B to determine which courses may be taken at another institution to keep you on track in your degree program.
  4. Bring the form, along with valid ID, to the Registrar's Office to certify section C.
  5. Student responsibilities:
    • Find out the deadlines to submit paperwork and register for classes at the other school.
    • Do you need anything other than the transient student form (i.e. transcript, immunization form)?
    • Visit the other school's website to find out what courses they are offering for the term.
    • Retain a copy of the completed form for future reference.
    • If you are a financial aid or scholarship recipient, take a copy of the completed Transient Student form to Student Financial Affairs (Financial Aid) in 107 Criser Hall, to determine if your scholarship or financial aid can be used at the other school.
    • Upon completion of classes, university regulations require that you request an official copy of your transcript be sent to:
      University of Florida
      Transfer Credit Evaluation
      PO Box 114000
      Gainesville, FL 32611-4000

You may ask that the transcript be sent electronically if the other Florida institution participates in the electronic transfer program.