Ordering Official University Transcripts
Tutorial on Ordering Transcripts
What is an Official Transcript?
A transcript is a comprehensive record of an individual’s academic progress, including transferred undergraduate courses, credit earned by examination and degrees awarded. Your name will appear on your transcript as it appears on your university record.
Official transcripts include the university seal and the signature of the registrar. UF transcripts are printed on security paper that includes tests for authenticity. When mailed, transcripts arrive in sealed envelopes with seal and signature of the registrar across the back flap of the envelope.
Transcript Order Information
Current and former students will need a valid GatorLink account to log on to ONE.UF to order UF transcripts or to view and print an unofficial copy of their transcripts. While unofficial transcripts may not be accepted as official by other institutions or potential employers, they are available for your immediate review and can be used for advising, interviews, etc.
To access the online system to order a transcript or view/print your unofficial transcript:
- Go to ONE.UF and select Student Self Service.
- Go to the top of the left menu, expand the Transcripts category and select the appropriate option.
- If you were born in 1955 or earlier, you may not have an online record. Please click here for instructions and more information.
For additional questions, check the Frequently Asked Questions for help.
UF transcripts cannot be released until all UF obligations are satisfied. Check your holds on ONE.UF to determine if you have an outstanding financial obligation before ordering a transcript.
Financial obligations can be viewed and/or paid by going to Student Self Service in ONE.UF and clicking on the Financial Services link under My Online Services. Click on Student Center to see your Service Indicators (financial holds) and/or unpaid charges. If you need additional assistance regarding a financial obligation, contact University Bursar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since payment must accompany each order, we no longer accept faxed transcript requests. Transcript costs:
- $6.00 each for currently registered UF students or for students who were registered at UF the immediate past term, and
- $12.00 each for students who are not enrolled and who have not been registered at UF for two or more terms.